A global retail chain is looking for a VP, IT Applications
Title: Vice President, IT Applications
Summary of Position:
The Vice President, IT Applications is one of two newly created senior IT roles that sets the strategic direction for Enterprise Applications and Application Development teams, to align financial and business objectives to create a framework for sustainability and growth. This individual manages the strategy, governance, execution and policies that enable to maximize value from IT in a rapidly changing environment.
- Develop and recommend to the Senior Leadership Team strategies and roadmaps to support the Company's growth strategies considering all opportunities.
- Develop and communicate to the Senior Leadership Team an understanding, assessment and mitigation strategies of IT risks associated with the Company's growth strategy.
- Report potential or suspected violations of the Code of Ethics and Business Conduct to the Board; reporting any such violation that relates to auditing and financial matters to the Audit Committee of the Board.
- Provide oversight in the development, recommendation to the Board and execution of the annual IT business plans and budgets that support the Company's long-term strategy.
- Application Ownership
- Responsible for business process improvements and application roadmap strategy for the organization in alignment with corporate strategies and objectives;
- Oversees the development of Business Processes, Enterprise Applications, EDI and Architecture for all initiatives of the organization
- Process Management, Optimization and Innovation
- Develops and maintains long-term EDI strategy to sustain global growth;
- Continuous evaluation of business process optimization in all aspects of the business;
- Brings new ideas to augment and improve the business strategy;
- Development Approach
- Establish a scalable and robust enterprise architecture aligning business and technical capabilities into a clear and comprehensive vision with implementation strategies and delivery roadmaps;
- Financial Management
- Ensure that there is a robust understanding of departmental financial budgets and forecasts and develop such models as a re necessary to identify, manage and plan short, medium and long term cost trends in the function in respect of the Applicaiotns landscape as well as the projects on the roadmap
- LeadershipWorks collaboratively with the VP, IT Operations to ensure successful execution of annual and long-term strategies
- Mentors direct reports and provides guidance to the resolution of critical issues that may impact established governance, policies, service levels or service expectations;
- Provide leadership and vision, maintain a high level of employee morale and motivation, with a view to ensuring the implementation of the Company's strategy;
- Establish measurable objectives for direct reports and assess performance annually;
- Foster a corporate culture that promotes integrity and the values throughout the organization, especially with Executive Team colleagues;
- Ensure that succession plans are in place for direct reports and reviewed annually;
- Control Environment
- Oversee the development and execution of effective IT controls throughout the Company;
- Institutes governance practices, utilizing business processes, application frameworks, vendor and service management methodologies;
- Provides key operational metrics to support global program/project KPIs (owned by IT Operations)
- Rapidly learn the business landscape, applications, and all business processes required to be effective in role;
- Other reasonable duties that may be assigned.
Education, Qualifications and Experience:
- 15+ years of software development/engineering experiences with expertise in all phases of product development, product road mapping, design and development, testing and implementation
- 15+ years of business process design for large-scale enterprise
- 15+ years' experience in a management or leadership role in IT
- A. or B.S. in computer science or related field OR equivalent relevant work experience
- Experienced in providing production support for ERP and other business software applications
- Fiscal planning and budget management experience
Knowledge, Skills and Attributes:
- Demonstrates excellent leadership skills that are well-grounded in technology, an understanding of corporate finance and a deep understanding of, and ability to directly relate to the business
- Demonstrates direct knowledge and understanding of multiple disciplines, technologies, and processes in support of business objectives
- Ensures the effective use of IT tools in planning, execution, operations, and change management
- Extensive exposure to in-house, nearshore, outsourced delivery models
- Practical knowledge of global ecommerce (B2B and B2C) in a 7x24x365 environment
- Knowledge of Enterprise Architecture and Software Design principles and best practices
- Balances creativity, clear thinking, and excellent communication skills
- Demonstrates ability to quickly grasp new concepts and integrate them into projects as appropriate and to rapidly and effectively determine the required action in a new situation
- Proven ability to develop, lead and retain a leadership talent pool
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.