Our client in greenhouse farming is looking for a Solution Analyst Specialist - Agrosoft for their office in Winnipeg.
Position: Solution Analyst Specialist - Agrosoft
The key goal of this role is to maximize our investment in our grain ERP system (Agrosoft). To achieve that, this role will have full product lifecycle ownership and accountability to ensure the technical and functional aspects of Agrosoft meets the needs of the business. This role will work directly with technical resources (application development and support, infrastructure…) by offering guidance, direction and support as well as work with our business users to solicit new requirements and resolve business issues.
Agrosoft is an on-premise PowerBuilder application built on a SQL Server relational database utilized by 18 locations across Canada to automate Procurement, Trading and Contracting, Sales and Invoicing, Accounting & Finance, Freight & Logistics, and Inventory grain-based processes.
- Define requirements, create logical designs and, in conjunction with our business partners and vendors, drives the development process for all enhancements related to Agrosoft
- Take full ownership of Agrosoft technical issues including getting the system back to a functional state as well as driving change to ensure technical issues do not reoccur.
- Oversee the initial construction and perform day to day support/monitoring of data interfaces in and out of Agrosoft.
- Perform and/or lead all of the different phases of testing within the system. (unit, function, integration, regression, User Acceptance…).
- Maintains ownership over the different testing environments ensuring that they are at the correct version level and functional. When issues arise, or changes are needed, takes ownership of the resolution with our vendors.
- Makes configuration changes within the system that define how the system interacts with the technical environment.
- Create and maintain complex reports using SQL queries and other reporting tools.
- Oversee small to large system enhancements, from initiation to completion acting as both an individual contributor and managing/tracking tasks required by other teams.
- Create the required release documentation needed for introducing changes into the system.
- Maintain a detailed understanding of the grain business overall as well as maintain knowledge on other corporate functions (finance, HR, EHS, etc)
- Establish and maintain strategic relationships across the business and with key vendors.
- Promote a modern Product Development ecosystem within by leading by example, supporting/educating others as needed and keeping abreast of developments within a modern Product Development process.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.