Experienced Software Developer leading a team of C++ Developers
BACKEND SOFTWARE DEVELOPER
Talented Software Engineers are critical to the business' success: as a software company - our products are only as good as the people who create them. With that in mind, we look for highly intelligent, innovative, and dedicated technology professionals.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Working within a Linux / Solaris environment, you will research, design, test, implement, and maintain online and backend trading and data services infrastructure applications.
- Work closely with the business and technical leadership to understand business requirements, and will collaborate with development team members to design and write applications systems and programs.
- Participate in project management and will contribute to the architecture and design process of the backend trading systems. Finally, you will test and debug applications to ensure proper performance, and will be responsible for developing/modifying program documentation.
- At least 5 years of post-graduate working experience in a software engineering role.
- A University degree in computer science, computer engineering, or a related field. A graduate degree would be an asset.
- Solid application development experience using C++
- Relevant experience in the development of Internet-ready applications programs using Internet communications protocols (TCP/IP).
- Experience with UNIX / Linux / Solaris operating systems.
- Technical insight to achieve the best possible results in a timely manner
- Proven ability to innovate in ways that contribute to the success of the business.
- A strong team orientation combined with the drive and ability to contribute at the individual level.
- Exceptional communications skills - both oral and written.
- Developer experience with scripting languages such as Python would be an asset.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.