Our client is a leading, privately-held, global investment firm managing long-only and absolute return strategies.
About the Company:
Our client is a leading, privately-held, global investment firm managing long-only and absolute return strategies. Albeit an investment company, there is a strong tech-centric feel to them with roughly one third of the business on the tech side and the vast majority of the systems they use are built in-house. Here, you will work with awesome tech people with a real financial importance to what you actually do in your day to day activities.
Our client is all about their people. They will invest in you and provide you with the platform to build a successful and rewarding career. It is a very collaborative and open work environment with people regularly going above and beyond their remit. This is due to the social feel of the office which is aided by regularly hosting events and even having sports activities every Wednesday.
- A Bachelor's degree with a record of outstanding academic achievement.
- Software development experience using object-oriented programming languages (e.g. C#, Java, Python).
- Strong interpersonal skills and a desire to work alongside business teams to shape the client experience.
- A strong passion for technology and a commitment to technical excellence.
- A keen interest in researching and implementing best practices to guide our firm's technical direction.
- Work independently and as part of a team, collaborating with international teams in London and Sydney.
- Full software lifecycle development, from business analysis and requirements gathering, to implementation, testing, delivery and support, also including stakeholder and project management.
- Experience with the Agile software development process would be beneficial.
- Experience with Microsoft technologies such as ASP.Net, C# 6.0, SQL Server 2016, WCF, cloud technologies like AWS, as well as Angular 2+, and other web technologies.
- Collaborate on design discussions, code reviews and technical presentations.
- Researching, evaluating, and facilitating the adoption of new technologies and best practices.
What's on offer?
- Unrivaled career progression and a platform to hone your craft to it's fullest potential.
- Extremely competetive compensation package including base salary and bonus.
- Friendly, inclusive, rewarding and challenging work environment.