our client, a Financial Institution located in downtown Toronto, requires a Java Developer on an initial 6 month contract with option for permanent after 6 months to design and develop high-volume, lo
our client, a Financial Institution located in downtown Toronto, requires a Java Developer on an initial 6 month contract with option for permanent after 6 months to design and develop high-volume, low-latency applications for mission-critical systems and delivering high-availability and performance using Java and related technologies.
As a Java Developer you will be responsible for writing well designed, testable and efficient code in Java 8 as well as making contributions in all phases of the development life-cycle, managing short and long-term customer needs.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Contributing in all phases of the software development life-cycle.
- Independently conduct moderately complex assignments with minimal guidance and supervision.
- Respond to the more difficult functional queries frequently of a confidential and sensitive nature.
- Monitor adherence to policies and procedures.
- Coach junior team members.
- Identify design, process, and other inefficiencies; and suggests improvements or new requirements.
- Negotiate complex issue resolution.
- Analyse complex data and prepares reports of observations, and recommendations based on findings.
- Enhance organisation reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Strong experience with Java8.
- 5+ years' commerical experience.
- 2+ years experience working within the financial industry.
What's on offer:
- Competitive rate.
- Downtown office location.
- Opportunity to work with a high performing team in a fast paced environment.