A leading tech company in Toronto is looking for a Cloud Solutions Architect
Job DescriptionCloud Solutions Architect
What Will You Be Doing?
- Collaborating with and supporting client's sales teams in the pre-sales & account management process from the technical perspective, remotely and on-site (approx 75%).
- Defining solutions for current and future customers that efficiently address their needs. Leading through example and influence, as a master of applying technology solutions to solve business problems.
- Developing Proof of Concepts (PoC) in order to demonstrate feasibility and value to client's customers (approx 25%).
- Defining solutions for current and future customers that efficiently address their needs.
- Identifying then executing solutions with a commitment to excellent customer service
- Collaborating with others in refining solutions presented to customers
- Conducting technical audits of existing architectures (Infrastructure, Performance, Security, Scalability and more) document best practices and recommendations
- Providing component or site-wide performance optimizations and capacity planning
- Recommending best practices & improvements to current operational processes
- Communicating status and planning activities to customers and team members
- Participate in periodic overtime (occasionally on short notice) travelling up to approx 50%).
What Do We Need From You?
While we realise you might not have everything on the list to be the successful candidate for the Solutions Architect job you will likely have at least 10 years experience in a variety of positions in IT. The position requires specialized knowledge and experience in performing the following:
- Undergraduate degree in computer science, computer engineering, information technology or related field or relevant experience.
- Systems design experience
- Understanding and experience with Cloud architectures specifically: Google Cloud Platform (GCP) or Microsoft Azure
- In-depth knowledge of popular database and data warehouse technologies from Microsoft, Amazon and/or Google (Big Data & Conventional RDBMS), Microsoft Azure SQL Data Warehouse, Teradata, Redshift, BigQuery, Snowflake etc.
- Be fluent in a few languages, preferably Java and Python, and having familiarity with Scala and Go would be a plus.
- Proficient in SQL. (Experience with Hive and Impala would be great)
- Proven ability to work with software engineering teams and understand complex development systems, environments and patterns.
- Experience presenting to high level executives (VP's, C Suite)
- This is a North American based opportunity and it is preferred that the candidate live on the West Coast, ideally in San Francisco or the Silicon Valley area but strong candidates may be considered from anywhere in the US or Canada.
- Ability to travel and work across North America frequently (occasionally on short notice) up to 50% with some international travel also expected.
- Experience Architecting Big Data platforms using Apache Hadoop, Cloudera, Hortonworks and MapR distributions.
- Knowledge of real-time Hadoop query engines like Dremel, Cloudera Impala, Facebook Presto or Berkley Spark/Shark.
- Experience with BI platforms, reporting tools, data visualization products, ETL engines.
- Experience with any MPP (Oracle Exadata/DW, Teradata, Netezza, etc)
- Understanding of continuous delivery and deployment patterns and tools (Jenkins, Artifactory, Maven, etc)
- Prior experience working as/with Machine Learning Engineers, Data Engineers, or Data Scientists.
- A certification such as Google Cloud Professional Cloud Architect, Google Professional Data Engineer or related AWS Certified Solutions Architect / Big Data or Microsoft Azure Architect
- Experience or strong interest in people management, in a "player-coach" style of leadership longer term would be great.
What Do You Get in Return?
- Competitive total rewards package
- Flexible work environment: Why commute? Work remotely from your home, there's no daily travel requirement to the office!
- Outstanding people: Collaborate with the industry's top minds.
- Substantial training allowance: Hone your skills or learn new ones; participate in professional development days, attend conferences, become certified, whatever you like!
- Amazing time off: Start with a minimum 3 weeks vacation, 7 sick days, and 2 professional development days!
- Office Allowance: Purchase a device of your choosing and personalise your work environment!
- Fun, fun, fun: Blog during work hours; take a day off and volunteer for your favorite charity.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.